Web Resources & Links for Parents
Web Resources & Links for Parents
- Parent’s Television Council provides parents with the tools they need to make informed television viewing decisions. They write a short summary of the series or film and list specific content examples to let parents know what they can expect when viewing the show or movie with their children.
- Internet 4 Classrooms Parent Zone Internet 4 Classrooms gives parents links, tutorials and navigational tools to help them use the internet more effectively.
- NC Public School NC Public Schools connects you to NC's standard course of study and other pertinent components of the department of instruction.
- Learn NC Learn NC provides best practices for teaching and learning in our K-12 schools.
- Ask.com Ask. Com is an advanced search system that answers questions immediately while providing a wealth of websites that address the question.
- Family Education This website features parent blogs and articles for how to capitalize on every situation to make it a learning moment.
- Awesome Library Awesome Library organizes the Web with 37,000 carefully reviewed resources, including the top 5 percent in education.
- America’s Library This site outlines the historic stories of America's past.
- Homework Center This site is a storehouse for many online resources for all homework needs like an Atlas, Almanac, Dictionary and Encyclopedia
- Homework Spot This website offers more online resources for research.
- Homework Help This page has resources to help students master the basics of mathematics, science, social, studies, English and other subjects. Videos and tutorials explain basic operations and help with the mastery of skills needed to be successful in school.
- Story Online The Screen Actors Guild sponsors this site that features children's books being read aloud with accompanying lessons and activities.
- Children’s Storybooks Online This site features illustrated children's stories for kids of all ages.
- Online Stories This website has many popular interactive stories on line like Clifford books, Mother Goose Stories, Aesop's Fables and Grimm's Fairy Tales.
- Funbrain - This is a great site with all types of math games as well as games relating to other subject areas. It is a great resource for parents, students, and teachers.
- Cool Math - This is "an amusement park of math and more." There are links for parents and teachers to explore too!
- Figure This - According to the homepage for this site, Figure This focuses on "helping families enjoy mathematics outside school through a series of fun and engaging, high-quality challenges."
- Illuminations - Illuminations is a partnership between the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and the MarcoPolo Education Foundation. There are activities for students in Pre School to Grade 12.
- My Test Book - This site can be used by parents and students in order to improve math skills. Tests are provided for grades 1-5. The site also provides worksheets for students to complete. This "subscription only" site serves as a great motivator for students. Science and Reading tests will be coming soon as well!
- A+ Math - This Web site was designed to help students build their math skills in an interactive way. There is a link to games, homework help, flashcards, and worksheets.
- Fact Monster - This Web site has tons of information for students such as current events, math games, science activities and much more.
- Learning Planet - Learning Planet provides interactive learning activities for students to explore. There are math games that allow students to practice basic math facts and other necessary skills.
- Kid's Domain - This Web site was designed to be a family resource. There are links to educational learning activities and games that students and their parents may explore.
- Apples 4 the Teacher - This Website has free Elementary and Preschool Math Activities as well as Educational and Interactive Online Kids Math Games.
- Math Activities Included here are links to some great Math websites. Some are parent resources and others are fun games for your child to play that reinforce their math skills.
- Math Help This site finds answers to all your education questions. All answers have been custom written by our staff of teachers an education professionals.
- Interactive Reading Math Websites This is a reading website for emerging readers that includes free reading games, ideal for interactive whiteboards. It also featurs online guided reading stories and teaching resources with lesson plans.
- Kids Know It Network This website is a children's learning network with educational games and activities.
- Dance Mat Typing This site allows children to work on keyboarding speed and accuracy.