Cedar Ridge High School student, Shiropa Noor has been awarded the Dartmouth Alumni Club Book Award. Ms. Noor is a junior in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program at Cedar Ridge. Not only is she an excellent student academically, but she exemplifies the other criteria of the Dartmouth Book Award which include:
- being of strong character;
- making a positive impact on the life of the IB school community;
- showing outstanding leadership qualities;
- demonstrating proficiency in a foreign language; and
- being a strong candidate for admission to college or university of the highest caliber.
Ms. Noor was selected and presented with a copy of the book "The Sun and Other Stars" by Ms. Brigid Pasculka (Dartmouth '92). She joins the ranks with 22 other area high school juniors throughout the Triad, Triangle, and Eastern North Carolina to receive the Dartmouth Book Award. Mr. Doug Koenig, a local attorney and Dartmouth alumnus, presented the award to Shiropa.
The Dartmouth Alumni Club Book Award Program has two goals: to recognize and reward high school students (usually juniors) who have excelled both academically and in their extracurricular activities; and to encourage these talented students to consider attending Dartmouth.