As part of the employment process, you are required to attend a new employee orientation meeting with Human Resources and Benefits prior to your first day of employment. You will also be required to attend a benefits enrollment meeting. These meetings are held monthly and you will be notified of your new employee orientation meeting date. During this orientation/ inprocessing meeting you will receive benefit enrollment instructions and paperwork to be completed and returned at a later date.
Please bring your Driver's License, Social Security Card and the following forms to the new employee orientation meeting.
Click on the links below. Use your name as it appears on your Social Security Card when completing all forms.
Application and Background Check Authorization
Health Certificate Form
- The Health Certificate Form is to be completed by your physician. Health forms not completed prior to your in-processing session must be returned it to Human Resources within 30 days of your effective date of employment.
Employment Eligibility I-9 Form
- Complete “Section 1. Employee Information and Verification” of the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form.
- To obtain a replacement Social Security Card, visit your local Social Security Administration office. A replacement card can be requested online through the Social Security Administration website.
- The name on your Security Card must be correct. If your name has changed, you can apply for a new card at your local Social Security Administration office or online.
Drug Free Workplace Form
- Complete the Drug Free Workplace Agreement.
- Retain the attached Drug Free Workplace Policy for your files.
Internet and Electronic Mail Acceptable Use Agreement
- Complete the Internet and Electronic Mail Acceptable Use Agreement.
- Retain the Internet and Electronic Mail Acceptable Use Policy for your files.
Workday and Overtime Agreement and Policy (classified employees)
- Print and complete the Workday and Overtime Agreement
- Print and read the Workday and Overtime Policy # 7500
Voluntary Equal Employment Opportunity Identification
- Complete the Voluntary Equal Employment Opportunity Identification form
Additional Information for New Employees
Benefits enrollment meetings are held monthly. You will receive notification of your meeting date. o The benefits enrollment process includes the completion of the following forms: W-4 Tax, Retirement, Health, Life, Dental Insurance, Longevity Form, 401K Plan Info, Direct Deposit, Bloodborne Pathogens Training, etc.Finance cannot process benefits enrollment forms without a signed Personnel Action Form in file.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In cooperation with the Federal immigration requirements established by Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration requiring all employers to verify both the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, Orange County Schools registers all new hires through United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Verification must be completed within three days of the employee’s first day of employment. Employees without a complete I-9 Form will not be allowed to continue working past the third day of employment.
FOR LICENSED EMPLOYEES WHO DO NOT HAVE A NORTH CAROLINA LICENSE
In addition to these forms, you will need to complete an application for a North Carolina teaching license. Salaries for licensed employees are determined by the State Department of Public Instruction (SDPI). Licensed employees are paid at the beginning level of teacher pay until the teaching licenses are processed. Once SDPI issues a license that gives credit for years of experience or advance degrees, the employee’s salary can be adjusted retroactive to the date established by SDPI. Therefore, it is critical to have an official degree-dated transcript, verification of experience forms, application fee, and other licensure papers as quickly as possible for you to be paid appropriately. Access these licensure forms online.