Attention parents. 2017 - 2018 enrollment information will be available beginning the week of January 24, 2017. If you have any questions regarding enrollment for the 2017 - 2018 school year please contact Dr. Lisa Napp.
The Orange County Schools Pre-K Program provides developmentally appropriate classrooms for children who may meet the requirements for North Carolina Pre-K (NCPK), Title I, Tuition, and Exceptional Education. Children must be four years of age no later than Aug. 31, 2017 to be eligible for the NCPK and Title I programs. Children who do not meet the multi-criteria for NCPK, Title I and Exceptional Education, may be offered tuition placement. (See "Tuition Based Enrollment" below).
Your child’s acceptance into our program is contingent upon:
• Income Eligibility
• Academic Eligibility
Tuition-Based Enrollment: There are a limited number of tuition-based slots available in the Pre-K classes. If your child did not meet the income or academic eligibility requirements, they may be eligible for one of these tuition-based slots. The monthly tuition fee is $600.00.
Pre-K Programs will be offered at the following schools:
- Pre-K Application Process - English
- Pre-K Application Process - Spanish
- Pre-K Application Form - English and Spanish
Pre-K Student Calendars
Applications may also be obtained at:
- Child Care Services
- Department of Social Services
- Elementary Schools (Front Office)
- Office of Elementary Instruction/Title I from 8:00-5:00 each weekday
For more information contact:
- Dr. Lisa A. Napp (919) 245-4001 ext. 15501
- Portia C. Holman (919) 245-4001 ext. 15510
- Ellen Perry-Kaji (919) 732-9136 ext. 18003
For information in Spanish please contact: Sandra Blefko (919) 644-3200 ext. 15508
Dear Kindergarten Families:
Welcome to Orange County Schools! Entering Kindergarten is an exciting time for you and your child. The Orange County Schools Kindergarten program is designed to nurture and advance the academic and social/emotional growth of a student. Kindergarten establishes a foundation for all future learning and our Kindergarten teachers and staff are dedicated to partnering with you to create a strong foundation for all students. It is our pleasure to begin this journey with your child and we look forward to building positive home and school relationships, relationships focused on recognizing and developing the unique promise of your child.
Below you will find links to the information and documents you need to begin the registration process at your district school. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call either the elementary school your child will attend in August or the Elementary Education Department.
Dr. Lisa Napp
Director, Pre- K - Elementary Education
Early Admission to Kindergarten
Some children may be eligible to enter Kindergarten early. To understand the process, please explore the links below.
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Letter
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Flow-chart
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Checklist
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Notification and Consent Form
Kindergarten Enrollment Dates & Information for the 2016 - 2017 Academic Year
Parents of children who are 5 years old on or before August 31, 2017 may register for Kindergarten in Orange County Schools.
If you have any additional questions, contact the school where your child will attend kindergarten or send us an e-mail.
What to bring to kindergarten enrollment
Required for Enrollment
- Proof of Child’s Birth Date: Acceptable documentation includes certified birth certificate or other certified birth record.
- Proof of Domicile: Orange County Schools require proof of domicile to register a student. Accepted proof includes current: lease; un-separated Duke Power, OWASA, Piedmont Electric, or Public Service Gas bill; final real estate sales contract; deed. A driver’s license or telephone bill will not serve as proof.
- Immunization Record (from a family doctor or Health Department)
- Parent Identification
- Home Language Survey
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) (if applicable)
Additional Forms Due For the First Day of School
- School Health Services Letter to Parents
- Health Assessment
- Health & Developmental Information Form
- Immunization & Physical Health Assessment Enrollment Notice
- Medication Policy (English)
- Medication Policy (En Español)
Other downloadable forms:
- McKinney Vento Survey