Thank you for your interest in Substitute Teaching for the Orange County Schools. A substitute teacher, by definition, is a temporary position and employment is based on an as needed basis.
If you are interested in becoming a New Substitute teacher please complete the following steps:
Complete ALL the forms below and submit to Phyllis Vincent
Complete the Substitute Policy Awareness Form*
* Send the completed Substitute Policy Awareness Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have received School Board approval you will receive your Welcome letter from AESOP to gain access to the system.
To access and print each form, click on the link provided below.Please use your name as it appears on your Social Security Card when completing all forms.
Application and Background Check Authorization
- Complete the Waiver and General Release Form.
- The Health Certificate Form is to be completed by your physician. Health forms not completed prior to your in-processing session must be returned to Human Resources within 30 days of your effective date of employment.
Employment Eligibility I-9 Form
- Complete “Section 1. Employee Information and Verification” of the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form.
- To obtain a replacement Social Security Card, visit your local Social Security Administration office. A replacement card can be requested online through the Social Security Administration website.
- The name on your Security Card must be correct. If your name has changed, you can apply for a new card at your local Social Security Administration office or online.
Drug Free Workplace Form
For more information, contact Phyllis Vincent 919-732-8126, Substitute Teacher Coordinator and Human Resources Specialist.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: In cooperation with the Federal immigration requirements established by Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration requiring all employers to verify both the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, Orange County Schools registers all new hires through United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. Verification must be completed within three days of the employee’s first day of employment. Employees without a complete I-9 Form will not be allowed to continue working past the third day of employment.
Download the Orange County Schools Substitute Handbook.
Download a map of Orange County Schools.