The Counseling and Student Services Departments of Partnership Academy promotes the academic achievement and the social and emotional growth of all students. The mission of the counseling department at Partnership Academy is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that proactively addresses students’ academic, career, and personal/social development with a focus on building resiliency. The counseling program will engage families and the community in helping all students achieve college and career readiness prepared for success in the 21st century.
Ms. Kathy Cates, Data Manager
Contact Ms. Cates for any information regarding PA activities, bus transportation needs, and absences.
Mrs. Kristin Rosario, School Counselor
Mrs. Rosario assists students by providing a comprehensive school counseling program that meets the needs of all students at PA. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Rosario via phone or email to share any concerns you have regarding your student.
Ms. Sylvia Compton , School Nurse
Ms. Compton is the nurse at A.L. Stanback and Partnership Academy. If you have any questions for the school nurse, she can be reached at (919) 644-6200 or via email.
The School Counseling Department is dedicated to helping YOU, the student. In order to do so, we need to know what YOU need help with.
Any student interested in taking Driver's Ed should give his/her name to Mrs. Rosario. Classes are held after school at CRHS or OHS from 4:15 - 6:15 pm. Students will need to provide their own transportation to and from the class.
The School Counseling Advisory Council met to discuss program outcomes for the 2014-15 school year in June of 2015. The purpose of this meeting was to provide council members with an overview of the comprehensive school counseling program activities that occurred at Partnership Academy. Highlights of our program included the implementation of the Why Try? curriculum in our personal development class, and college and career readiness activities.
And the results are in....
Partnership Academy students care about their future. The top ranked student needs include help understanding college applications, financial aid, and scholarships, learning how to fill out job applications, prepare for an interview,and find a job, and planning what to do after graduation.
Small and Large Group counseling topics students identified as helpful to PA students include Anger Management, Building Positive Relationships, and Improving Self-Concept.
STUDENT SERVICES PHILOSOPHY
- We respect the dignity of every student regardless of age, race, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
- We educate students to believe in their right of choice and their responsibility to develop integrity and ethical behavior.
- We protect the privacy of students and families.
- We promote self-direction and age-appropriate development in students both academically and personally.
- We acknowledge parents as major stakeholders in their child's education.
- We provide current information through the PA Facebook Page, All-call phone messages, and personal calls and emails.
- We encourage parents and students to work with PA teachers, the principal, and counselor throughout the year.
- We believe that ongoing communication is the most significant tool for success.
Have a question about credits? Need help with getting better grades? Having trouble dealing with a situation at home, school or with your peers? Submit a request for an appointment with Mrs. Rosario here.