Guidelines for Meals at School
- Allow adequate time for students to wash and sanitize hands before and after meals.
- Extend and/or stagger meal times to promote social distancing, while ensuring adequate time for students to consume their meals.
- There will be no self-serve food items, meals will be delivered to the classrooms.
- Napkins and silverware will be disposable.
- No food-sharing will be allowed.
- Limit cash transactions. Staff handling cash should will not handle food. k12paymentcenter.com
- Simple access to trash cans to allow for easy discard of disposable trays, food containers, utensils and other items.
- Ensure all practices are consistent with the Food Code, HAACP, OSHA and other regulatory authorities Forms/Checklists/Supporting Documents.
- Comply with NCDHHS StrongSchoolsNC: Public Health Toolkit (K-12) requirements for social distancing and minimizing exposure.