Register for Afterschool and/or Camps
We are aware that many of our families may need childcare so they can resume work and ensure their children are cared for when they are not in school or at home.
As a district we are taking the following steps:
- Seeking feedback from families about their needs regarding childcare;
- Seeking alternatives to school facilities by seeking potential community partnerships; and
- Determining capacity given scheduling, enrollment, as well as state, local, and federal guidelines regarding childcare.
As we work to develop solutions, please keep in mind these items:
- The health and safety of our students and staff is our number one priority.
- We will have limitations based on staffing, enrollment, and facility availability.
- Childcare availability will be dictated by school enrollment and federal guidelines regarding ratios.
- We will need at least 20 students at one school to sign up in order to be able to provide services.
If you are interested in afterschool programs, please complete this form.
Registration for Afterschool and/or Camps & Facility Use Requests
- On 7/16/2020 the Orange County School Board voted for schools to reopen remotely for the beginning of the 2020-21 academic year.
- At this time all OCS facilities are closed to the public. We are also awaiting guidance on how and when we will be able to resume providing child-care at these locations.
- We understand the inconvenience this may cause our families, staff, and students. We appreciate your patience and as soon as we are updated on how to proceed, we will make sure to update this website as well as contact OCS families.
- Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times
The SCR department manages the after school and intersession programs for the district. SCR also handles facilities use requests.
Our outstanding School Age Child Care programs (SACC) are all licensed by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Child Development. All of our programs have a 5-STAR rating. The programs combine leadership, guidance and independent exploration to give children the freedom and structure they need.
Our afterschool program offers a quiet place to read, think or do homework. In all of our programs, we encourage dramatic play that allows for creative expression through arts and crafts projects, as well as through reading and storytelling.
We plan hands-on activities, encourage exploration, and provide opportunities for participants to engage meaningfully with one another and the community. We recognize that our students are building social skills, so we have developmentally appropriate activities for all age levels that foster teamwork. The individual needs of all students are considered.
Orange County Schools SACC programs offer a safe, secure environment where children will have fun and you’ll have peace of mind.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the American with Disabilities Act make it unlawful to discriminate in any service on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ethnicity or handicapping conditions. If, however, the nature of a child’s handicap requires special assistance or special staffing, the child will not be enrolled until it has been determined if we will be able to address those special needs.
All SACC Centers are licensed by the state of North Carolina and receive regular inspections for compliance to licensing regulations. A copy of the center’s licensing permit is posted at each site.
Questions? Call 919.732.4166 for more information.
School Community Relations Department
920 Corporate Drive, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.