Welcome to the Office of Student Assignment
New to Orange County Schools
Enrollment takes place at your child's assigned school.
- Use the Assignment Locator to find the schools assigned to your address.
- Complete the Online Registration Form.
- Contact the school directly to complete the process. School Directory
Si necesita asistencia en Español contacte a Sandra Blefko al 919-644-3200 x15508.
Families that have moved into the OCS district after or fewer than ten days prior to the posted deadline may apply for a transfer within ten days of receiving school assignment notification. Please contact the Office of Student Assignment for more information.
Find Your Child's Assigned School
District lines can be irregular so the best way to determine which school your child will attend is to use the Orange County Schools Assignment Locator. Click the link and enter your address information or click the approximate location on the map to find the school assignment information. If you need additional assistance locating the school in which your address is listed please call the Orange County Schools Transportation Department at 919-732-2531 x12530.
Discretionary Admission Applications
Complete a Discretionary Admission Application
- 2023–24 school year: Only Gravelly Hill Middle, Orange Middle, and Cedar Ridge High (non-IB) are open to new discretionary admissions. Students who are the children of full-time staff members may apply in accordance with Board Policy 4120: Admission to the Orange County Schools.
Tuition Rate for Discretionary Admission Students
Students who are domiciled in another school district and are admitted to the Orange County Schools will be charged tuition unless the student meets an exemption qualification listed in Board Policy 4120: Admission to the Orange County Schools.
- The tuition rate for the 2023–24 school year is $4,808 per student and must be paid in full prior to July 1, 2023.
We do not currently accept debit/credit cards for tuition payments.
Please remit payment to:
Orange County Schools
Attn: Rhonda Rath
200 East King Street
Hillsborough, NC 27278
For more information, please contact your child's school or:
Catherine Mau, Student Assignment & Technology Project Coordinator
Student Assignment Office