What is CCP?
CCP provides opportunities for eligible NC high school students to obtain college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer and/or entry-level job skills. To find out more about articulating credit at the local community college parents/students can contact their high school's Career Development Coordinator.
There are 3 pathways with CTE being one of those:
- College Transfer - Designed for students planning to continue their educational career beyond high school to eventually achieve an Associate's or Bachelor's degree at a community college or university.
- Career & Technical Education - Allows students to begin a certification or diploma program in a particular technical field or career area.
- Cooperative Innovative High Schools - North Carolina's early colleges and other innovative schools are small public high schools, usually located on the campus of a university or community college, where students simultaneously work toward completion of both the high school diploma and an associate's degree, transferable credit or certificate.
What are some of the CTE Pathways?
- Culinary Arts
- Computer Programming
- Automotive Tech
- Advertising & Graphic Design
- Criminal Justice
- Spanish Interpreting
- Medical Office Administration
- Animal Care
- Management Technology
For more information or to sign up for CCP courses, see your Career Development Coordinator at your school or click on the links below!