Register/Enroll Your Child in the Orange County Schools

How to Enroll

How do I find my child's assigned school?

  • District lines can be irregular so the best way to determine which school your child will attend is to utilize the Orange County Schools Assignment Locator.

    To use the School Assignment Locator, click the link below and enter your address information or click the approximate location on the map to find the school assignment information.

    *Please refresh your browser if you experience difficulties.

    School Assignment Locator

    If you need help finding the schools assigned to your address, please call the Orange County Schools Transportation Department at (919) 732-2531 x12530.

How do I apply to a Choice School, transfer schools, or request to leave the district?

Enrollment or Transfer?

  • Enrollment

    This is the process by which a student begins attendance at his or her school of assignment based on the legal domicile address of the parent or guardian. This is true for any student currently domiciled within Orange County Schools, no matter if the student attends a charter school, private school, or has just moved into the district. Contact the assigned school directly to enroll or for more information.


    This is the process completed when a parent or guardian, currently domiciled within the Orange County Schools, wishes their child to attend a school different from the school assigned to their address. To apply for a transfer, submit a Discretionary Transfer application during the Board approved application window.


  • For more information, please contact your child's school or:

    Joy Toellen, Director of Student Assignment

    919-245-4020 x12512