Hillsborough Elementary Dolphin Camp
On 7/16/2020 the Orange County School Board voted for schools to reopen remotely for the beginning of the 2020-21 academic year.
At this time all OCS facilities are closed to the public. We are also awaiting guidance on how and when we will be able to resume providing child-care at these locations. We understand the inconvenience this may cause our families, staff, and students. We appreciate your patience and as soon as we are updated on how to proceed, we will make sure to update this website as well as contact OCS families.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
*Bring form and payment to our office:
School Community Relations Department
920 Corporate Drive, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with check/money order.
Dolphin Camp program hours run from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Intersession Care for Hillsborough Elementary Students
Orange County Schools Dolphin Camp offers a multi-faceted program for students in grades K-5 at Hillsborough Elementary School. It is an optional three weeks intersession program (depending on school calendar) organized around weekly themes with related hands-on, creative and physical activities. Children are grouped by age with counselors who assist them with age and developmentally appropriate activities. The program is designed to provide fun, enrichment and recreational activities in a caring environment. Students may participate in varied activities including arts/crafts, cooking, music/dance, cooperative games, computers, and recreational games. An extensive field trip program is part of the Dolphin Camp fun and learning experience. Field trips may include visits to museums, the zoo, historical areas and parks. Guest entertainers and speakers are another popular, culturally enriching and vital part of the child’s educational experience while attending camp.
Orange County Schools Dolphin Camp is 5-star rated by the NC Department of Health and Human Services Childcare Division.
- Enrollment for Dolphin Camp has specific deadlines for enrollment (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- A minimum of 25 students must be registered at any location for a camp to be held at that site.
- If enrollment numbers are below our minimum enrollment of 25, the School Community Relations office reserves the right to cancel Dolphin Camp.
- Parents whose child/children are not currently enrolled in the after school program MUST complete the regular registration form in addition to the Dolphin Camp form.
- Transportation is ONLY provided for field trips. All trips are pre-paid. Parents must provide bag lunch each day. Afternoon snacks are provided by the camp.
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
- If Dolphin Camp is closed due to inclement weather or any other circumstances for two (2) days or more then there will be no Dolphin Camp that week.
For additional information about Dolphin Camps, contact Harriet Watkins.