Junior Post-Secondary Planning NightI'm sure many of you are beginning to think about your plans for after high school. We're here to help you and your families. Please come out (virtually) to our annual Junior Postsecondary night. We'll go over the many options available, tackle your to-do list, and discuss resources that are available to help you. Please view the flyers below for more information and to rsvp.
Stay In Touch
Receive texts or notifications through Remind:
For text messages, send a text to 81010 with the following message: @orange2022
- You are always welcome to come to learn about the colleges and universities that give information sessions on the OHS campus. Pay attention to the underclassman newsletter or OHS Tweets for details.
- UNC Shadow Day
- Read the newsletter above about an opportunity to spend a day at UNC in November! Act fast, because the program is capped. See your counselor if a parent cannot attend with you or if you have more questions.
- The PSAT is offered in October for juniors. This test date is a qualifying exam for the National Merit Scholarship consideration.
- All juniors take the ACT for free in March.
Strategies for Junior Year
- Preparing yourself for senior year google slide presentation.
- Meet with your college/career counselor at least once.
- Continue to take challenging courses.
- Keep your grades up.
- Join an academic club.
- Consider signing up for the PSAT given in October.
- Prepare for the ACT given to all juniors in March.
- Talk to your parents and school counselor about colleges that interest you.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask on-campus visits.
- Continue to visit colleges and talk with college students.
- List, compare and visit colleges.
- Start or update an academic resume.
- Consider putting together a portfolio that highlights your special skills and talents.
- Investigate scholarship opportunities.
- Volunteer for activities and clubs related to career interests.
- Consider a part-time job, apprenticeship, internship, or job shadow opportunity in a profession that interests you.