Stay In Touch
Receive texts or notifications through Remind:
For text messages, send a text to 81010 with the following message: @oh2024
- Promotion from grade 10 to 11-12 credits are required.
- Career Newsletter
- May Underclass Newsletter
- All sophomores take the Pre-ACT test in October. For more details on the test, as well as sample questions, and score interpretation, visit the ACT website.
Strategies for Sophmore Year
- Continue to take challenging high school courses.
- Meet with your school counselor and career counselor at least once a year.
- Think about what kind of education/training different careers require.
- Take the Pre-ACT test in October.
- Click Here for the Pre-Act OHS Google Slide Presentation
- Will take the PSAT as Juniors.
- Click Here for the OHS PSAT Google Slide Presentation
- Start exploring colleges. Check out the many free college search websites: collegeboard.com, ACT.org, CFNC.org, etc.
- Visit college campuses, and talk with college students.
- Be ready with a list of questions to ask on your campus visit.
- Begin financial planning discussions with family and your school counselor.
- Consider your reasons for going to college and how they relate to your career interests.
- Get involved in clubs, extracurriculars, sports, and community service. Build your resume and broaden your experience.