We are updating our kindergarten enrollment procedures to ensure families have multiple opportunities to enroll. All updates will be posted on this web page and shared on our Facebook and Twitter accounts. If you have any questions, please contact us at 919-695-6334.
Parents of children who are 5 years old on or before August 31, 2020 may register for Kindergarten in Orange County Schools.
Enrollment for the 2020 - 2021 School Year
How does my child get into kindergarten early?
Some children may be eligible to enter Kindergarten early. To understand the process, please explore the links below.
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Letter
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Flow-chart
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Checklist
- Early Admission to Kindergarten Notification and Consent Form
What do I bring to kindergarten enrollment?
Required for Enrollment
- Proof of Child’s Birth Date: Acceptable documentation includes certified birth certificate or other certified birth record.
- Proof of Domicile: Orange County Schools require proof of domicile to register a student. Accepted proof includes current: lease; un-separated Duke Power, OWASA, Piedmont Electric, or Public Service Gas bill; final real estate sales contract; deed. A driver’s license or telephone bill will not serve as proof.
- Immunization Record (from a family doctor or Health Department) see: K - 12 Immunization Requirements
- Parent Identification
- Home Language Survey
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) (if applicable)
Additional Forms Due For the First Day of School
- School Health Services Letter to Parents
- Health Assessment
- Health & Developmental Information Form
- Immunization & Physical Health Assessment Enrollment Notice
- Medication Policy (English)
- Medication Policy (En Español)
Other downloadable forms:
- McKinney Vento Survey