Creating your Parent PowerSchool Account
5 Steps to create your parent PowerSchool account
1. Click on the Powerschool menu button in the quick links menu
2. On the Parent Sign in Page click on the Create Account tab
3. On the Create Parent Account page fill in your information.
- First Name
- Last Name
- (create) Desired Username
- (create) Password
- Re-enter password
4. When you are done entering your information scroll down to Link Students to Account and put in the child’s name and the information from the sheet you obtained from the main office. See the next section on this page for more details about linking students to your parent account. (District Code DMKC)
- Student Name
- Access ID (found on paper from the office)
- Access Password (found on paper from the office)
5. When you have completed filling in all the information scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Enter
Linking Student(s) to Parent Account
(Obtaining Student Access ID and Password)
Parents/guardians must complete this form and deliver it in person to the student's school, with valid ID, to obtain a student's Access ID and Password. A school staff member will check the form against the ID and approved the form. When you come in to drop off the form be sure to obtain the information sheet containing the process for creating a new account and/or linking the student to the account before you leave. Parents that have multiple students at OCS will have to complete and submit one form for each student.
Note: Students do not know this ID or Password information. It is not their student number or Google login information. This ID and Password are unique and only given to parents.
Parents/guardians that are unable to come to the school in person will have to complete this form in the presence of a Notary Public and send it to the student's school. Once the form has been approved by a staff member, the parent/guardian will receive information, containing the process for creating a new account and/or linking the student to the account, withing 15 (fifteen) days. Parents that have multiple students in OCS will have to complete and submit one form for each student.
If you need additional support, please contact the OHS Digital Learning Coach at email@example.com