Are you having any of the following issues with your school laptop?
- Chromebook issues with the:
- Charging issues. the charger
- Internet issues
- Incorrect Gmail address
Follow the troubleshooting steps below. Then if the issue continues place a help desk Tech Ticket. Directions are further down the page.
- Chromebook issues with the:
First Steps for Troubleshooting Before Submitting a Tech Ticket or Emailing the DLC
Log out, closeout and restart
- Log out of any program you are in. Don't just close the tab, be sure to Log Out!
- Close every tab
- Restart the device
- Start from scratch and log in fresh
Clear the History and Cash
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More
- Click More tools Clear browsing data
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes
- Click Clear data
- You will likely need to log back into the zScaler (use your full OCS Gmail and your computer password to log in)
- You will have to log back into any program/website
Make sure the student laptop is up to date
- Turn on your Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time
- Select Settings
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses
- Select Check for updates
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically
- You may need to restart the computer once the update(s) run
Remove Extensions (not required by a teacher)
- Open Chrome.
- Select More More tools Extensions.
- Next to the extension, you want to remove, select Remove.
- To confirm, select Remove.
Tip: To remove an extension that's a button on the browser toolbar, right-click the button and select Remove from Chrome.
Restore the Default Settings on your Chromebook
- Click here for directions on how to restore the default settings on your Chromebook
Academic Accounts/Instructional Programs Used by Students
If you need assistance with the following programs, please click on the program name for more information.
Technology Fee 2020-21 School YearEach year students are required to pay a technology/laptop fee to use a school laptop. Students can pay this fee in person by cash or check. New this year, you can now pay this fee online with a credit card.Parents will be required to sign in or sign up with an account on this site in order to pay the fee. You cannot pay the fee if you continue as a guest.Parents may already have an account already if you have a lunch account set up through OCS. If not, you can sign up and link their sign-up with their child using the student's ID number. Once they've signed up they should look for a category on the left-hand side that says, "school fees" and they should be able to find a category that says "laptop fees" from there.Please Note: This site is the only way we can accept card payments. Otherwise, they will have to pay in person with cash or a check.