Zoom Video Conferencing
Note: If students can get into a Zoom call but they get timed out or it loads forever, this could be an internet issue and not something that the Ed Tech department can address with troubleshooting.
Teachers will work with students through Zoom for live whole class and small group video instruction. Students will need to go to Zoom.us and "Sign In with Google" to access zoom links from their teachers.
Students need to Sign in to Zoom BEFORE opening a link
- Go to https://zoom.us/signin
- Then students need to scroll down and click
- Then select their OCS google account
- Once logged into Zoom, find your Zoom link to open the Zoom call
Troubleshooting StepsSign out and sign back
- Once signed in, students should then access zoom links from their teachers (Note: Some students may have to do this every day)
- If students are still having issues
- In the top right corner of Zoom.us click on their profile picture
- Click sign out
- Then repeat the Sign into Zoom steps
- Students can email the teacher for a direct link to the zoom call
- Students can email the teacher asking for the Zoom meeting ID and passcode to use the Join Meeting option
See Ed Tech Troubleshooting for more troubleshooting steps.
Parents' Ultimate Guide to Zoom
Zoom is a video conferencing tool that will be used by teaches to reach students remotely. See the links below to learn more about Zoom features and how to support your student's virtual leaning.
Additional Zoom Resources
Click Here to learn more about Zoom and its features.
Click Here to help your students get ready for Zoom video conferencing.
Click Here for Zoom guides
If you need additional support, please contact the OHS Digital Learning Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org