IT Help Desk
(During Distant Learning)
Are you having any of the following issues:
- Chromebook issues with the camera, microphone, screen, keyboard, charging, etc.
- Internet issues
Start by following the directions below before submitting a ticket.
First Steps of Computer Trouble Shooting
Make sure the student device is up to date
- Turn on your Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time
- Select Settings
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses
- Select Check for updates
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically
- You may need to restart the computer once the update(s) run
If the steps above did not fix the issue or you need additional assistance, place a Tech Ticket following the directions below:
Remote Learning Tech Ticket
All tech tickets are now being done through the IT Support Help Line (919-245-4014).
If the IT Support Help Line is busy, please email email@example.com. This will create a help ticket. Please ensure the email contains:
- Student (staff) name
- Phone number
- Description of the problem
IT will call back and work through the issue on the phone.
BE SURE TO ADD THE IT PHONE NUMBER (919-245-4014) TO YOUR CONTACTS SO YOU DON'T MISS THEIR CALL.