Dr. Carlos Ramirez Principal
Kristin Mattison Assistant Principals
Cedar Ridge High School opened in the fall of 2002, graduating its first class in 2004. CRHS is one of two comprehensive public high schools in the Orange County Schools school district. CRHS maintains a dual enrollment relationship with area colleges and actively collaborates with various community agencies and organizations.
Over 50% of the certified staff at CRHS have advanced degrees with 14 teachers holding International Baccalaureate certification. In addition, 17 teachers hold AP certification and 21 teachers hold National Board Certification. Cedar Ridge High School is accredited by the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- Grade levels served: 9-12
- Calendar: Traditional
- Schedule: 4X4 Block Schedule
- Enrollment: 1050
- School colors: Dark Red/Silver
- School mascot: Red Wolf
- Bell schedule: 8:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- 80 certified staff members
- 20 classified staff members
- 2 School Resource Officers
- Student capacity: 1000
- Original Construction Date: 2002
- Building square footage: 206,900
- Size of property: 71.01 acres
- 21 staff members with National Board Certified Standards Certification
Orange County is the westernmost county in the Research Triangle. Orange County Schools is in close proximity to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Duke University, North Carolina Central University, and North Carolina State University, as well as several other two-year and four-year institutions, two medical research facilities, over 300 high-tech corporations, and a major airport. Though convenient to larger urban areas, northern Orange County offers its residents a strong economic environment and a high quality of life, while maintaining a small town atmosphere.
It is the goal of Cedar Ridge High School that all students will graduate from a rigorous, relevant academic program that equips them with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to succeed in both post-secondary education and 21st Century careers as an active and engaged citizen. (Proposed North Carolina State Board of Education Policy defining academic rigor, relevance, and relationships).
To that end, specific programs such as:
- College/University Preparation
- College Technical Preparation Program
- Career Preparation Program
- Occupational Preparation Program
- North Carolina Scholars Program
- College Board Advanced Placement Courses Program
- The International Baccalaureate Programme (offered to juniors and seniors only)
- Dual Enrollment Programs
- Alamance Community College
- Durham Technical Community College
are available for students of Cedar Ridge High School. These programs offer adaptive, differentiated approaches to students with specific academic needs and goals. If you would like more information, please contact our counseling department at (919) 245-4000.