How to Apply
Thank you for inquiring about Partnership Academy! We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the school year, providing flexibility for interested students; however, students can apply mid-semester on an emergency basis.
1. Application Process
- High school students (grades 9-12) and their parents complete Part I of the application process.
- The completed application is then submitted to the current school counselor.
Interested students are encouraged to schedule a visit to Partnership Academy, which can provide them with a better understanding of the school environment and its offerings.
3. Residency Requirement
Prospective students must reside in the Orange County School District of North Carolina to be eligible for admission.
4. Application Recommendations
Prospective students can apply directly or be recommended to attend Partnership Academy by others.
Please complete the part of the application that pertains to you:
- Application Instructions: Please print the following instructions for your reference. If you use Google Drive, you can also choose "File," "Make a Copy" to have your own version.
- Part 1: This portion is to be completed by student(s) and their families. Once completed, please turn it into your current school counselor.
- Part 2: School Counselor. This document is visible only to those granted specific access.
- Part 3: Teachers and Student Services. This document is visible only to those granted specific access.
Helpful information once you've been accepted to Partnership Academy
- The student-teacher ratio is 10-1.
- Partnership teachers deliver differentiated instruction using a variety of techniques.
Services for Students in Special Programs
- Exceptional Children: The IEP team and parents will determine a student’s specific needs and the availability of services required when considering enrollment at Partnership Academy.
- SECTION 504: Students with a 504 plan are not excluded from placement consideration at PA.
- English Language Learners (ELL): If an ELL student enrolls at PA, all appropriate services will be provided.
The school counselor at Partnership Academy delivers a Comprehensive School Counseling Program including large classroom guidance lessons, small group counseling, and individual counseling services with all students. Topics discussed may include but are not limited to career exploration/planning, transition issues, academic concerns, grief, anger management, conflict resolution, familial issues, managing anxiety and peer relationships. Group counseling topics are provided as needed. At Partnership Academy, students can also elect to participate in Pet Pals an animal therapy program. Visit the Support Services page for more information regarding counseling and related services.
Orange County Schools also contracts with a local mental health agency to provide fee-based mental health services. Contact Ms. Creech, the school social worker, for more information.
As part of the Orange County Schools 1:1 Laptop Initiative, all Partnership Academy students are supplied with their own laptop for educational purposes.
Breakfast and Lunch Program
All parents will be asked to complete a free and reduced lunch application. Those who qualify will be provided free breakfast and lunch. Students are welcome to bring their own lunch although the use of a refrigerator at Partnership Academy is not available.