Student Medical Forms
COVID Booster Information, November 2022
OCS Covid-19 Bivalent Vaccine Booster Clinic: Tuesday Nov. 8th from 3-5pm at Hillsborough Elementary School, in the cafeteria.IMPORTANT NOTES:
SCHEDULING PROCESS:1. Go to this webpage: https://nextpatient.co/p/563/
- There is no cost for the vaccine. It is covered 100% by health insurance. Therefore, insurance details will be collected during the online registration process. If you don’t have insurance, select 'Self Pay’ and we will apply to an uninsured coverage program for you.
- Carefully check to enter your correct DOB and gender when scheduling the appointment. This must be confirmed later to access the online registration system.
- After you schedule your appointment, you are not finished yet. You will receive a text message with a link to complete your registration and consent to be vaccinated. This is a required step to receive the vaccine.
- Have your insurance cards available when completing the registration (if applicable), as the system will require you to collect a picture of it.
- The IndyCare team will review all appointment registrations and contact you by text if there are any issues to resolve.
- This clinic will be for Bivalent Covid vaccine for 5 years and older after receiving your primary series and at least 2 months since your most recent Covid vaccine.
17403/appointments2. Schedule an available appointment between 3-5pm3. After scheduling you will receive a text and email with a link to complete the online registration. Have your insurance information available (if applicable) to complete this.
Register for Afterschool and/or Camps
We are aware that many of our families may need childcare so they can resume work and ensure their children are cared for when they are not in school or at home.
As a district we are taking the following steps:
- Seeking feedback from families about their needs regarding childcare;
- Seeking alternatives to school facilities by seeking potential community partnerships; and
- Determining capacity given scheduling, enrollment, as well as state, local, and federal guidelines regarding childcare.
As we work to develop solutions, please keep in mind these items:
- The health and safety of our students and staff is our number one priority.
- We will have limitations based on staffing, enrollment, and facility availability.
- Childcare availability will be dictated by school enrollment and federal guidelines regarding ratios.
- We will need at least 20 students at one school to sign up in order to be able to provide services.
Registration for Afterschool
The SCR department manages the after school and intersession programs for the district.
Our outstanding School Age Child Care programs (SACC) are all licensed by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Child Development. All of our programs have a 5-STAR rating. The programs combine leadership, guidance and independent exploration to give children the freedom and structure they need.
Our afterschool program offers a quiet place to read, think or do homework. In all of our programs, we encourage dramatic play that allows for creative expression through arts and crafts projects, as well as through reading and storytelling.
We plan hands-on activities, encourage exploration, and provide opportunities for participants to engage meaningfully with one another and the community. We recognize that our students are building social skills, so we have developmentally appropriate activities for all age levels that foster teamwork. The individual needs of all students are considered.
Orange County Schools SACC programs offer a safe, secure environment where children will have fun and you’ll have peace of mind.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the American with Disabilities Act make it unlawful to discriminate in any service on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ethnicity or handicapping conditions. If, however, the nature of a child’s handicap requires special assistance or special staffing, the child will not be enrolled until it has been determined if we will be able to address those special needs.
All SACC Centers are licensed by the state of North Carolina and receive regular inspections for compliance to licensing regulations. A copy of the center’s licensing permit is posted at each site.
Call us at 919.732.2531 Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Larry Albert, Director: email@example.com
Contina McCulley, Assistant Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanda Bain, Bus Manager: email@example.com
Jennifer Smith, Bus Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Comes the Bus App
Orange County Schools is now using Here Comes the Bus App. Download the How to Get Started with the Here Comes the Bus App guide. You can also visit www.herecomesthebus.com.
Parents if you have any concerns or questions after installing the app, please contact Dennis Andrews at the Transportation Department. He can be reached at 919-732-2531, ext. 14505 or email@example.com.
District Code: 87272