Opt in to receive TEXT MESSAGES from OCS!
With the seasons changing, winter weather is likely to cause a disruption to our school days for our students. While certainly not something we wish for, winter weather (and other unexpected ermergenices) are something we all need to prepare for and be made aware of.
In the event of delayed openings / school closures -- or other emergencies that need to be communicated -- families receive a phone call. We also share updates on our website and our social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter), along with telling local news stations.
Now, you can opt in to receive to text messaging as a new, even more convenient way to receive communication.
HOW TO OPT-IN:
- Contact your child's school.
- Tell them you want to sign up for text messaging from the school/district.
- Provide a your child's name and a mobile number.
Welcome to the Communications Department
Orange County Schools is committed to the establishment and support of a planned and systematic communications process between the school system and its stakeholder groups. We are committed to keeping the lines of communication open and being proactive by providing the most up-to-date information in a variety of formats to most effectively reach multiple audiences through:
- A strategic communications plan that aligns with district goals and objectives to create a “one-clear-voice” concept when delivering information to stakeholders
- To develop branding and marketing strategies for the school district
- To develop communication and customer relations standards for all internal employees
- To continually research and evaluate preferred methods of communication for all stakeholder groups
- To promote a proactive approach with the media.
Orange County Schools recognizes the role of the media in providing news and information to the community. It is the role of the Chief Public Information and Community Engagement Officer to assist in providing information about the district in a timely and accurate manner. The Communications Specialist supports this role. Members of the media are asked to contact the Communications Office via email or phone at 919-732-4166 ext. 19000.
Kevin B. Smith, Chief Public Information Officer
Jala Davis, Communications Specialist