- Cameron Park
Cameron Park Family COVID-19 Resources
Dear Cameron Park Families, your Student Support Team is here to help you while we are away from school. Please see the links below for help in our community. We will add to and edit this list as needed. Feel free to email us with non-urgent questions.
- Ashley Saenz (School Nurse): email@example.com
- Bekah Pea (Social Worker): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katrina Morgan K-2 (Counselor): email@example.com
- Kim Wark 3-5 (Counselor): firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you and your families stay healthy. Remember…..
“Prevention, not Panic. Stay Home, Stay Healthy"
HEALTH & MEDICAL RESOURCES
UNC Health Helpline @ 1-888-850-2684 Link
This line is for COVID-19 information. Triage of symptoms and health care information. Call the helpline or your doctor’s office before going to the doctor, an urgent care or the ER. If you are having difficulty breathing you need to call 911.
Orange County Health Dept - Covid line @ 1-866-462-3821 Link
OCS Hotline for OCS Residents - call 919-245-6111 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday through Friday and have multiple language options available. The hotline also can provide answers about how the coronavirus is affecting Orange County services, many of which have been suspended or canceled in an effort to mitigate the virus’ spread.
Orange County has made a text service for those seeking regular, mobile updates on the county’s response. Texting “ocnchealth” to 888-777 will sign up a phone number to receive daily texts about Orange County’s ongoing efforts and any reported cases.
CDC website for COVID-19 Information Link
OCS website for School response to COVID-19 Link
- Please be aware that multiple pharmacies are offering home delivery of medications in our county. Check with your pharmacy.
- Also, there are telemed options (assessments by medical staff via phone or facetime) available for medical services without leaving your home. Check with your healthcare provider or try UNC Virtual Urgent Care.
SOCIAL SERVICES RESOURCES
For a list of food resources by County Link
For food and other resources in Orange County Link
MENTAL HEALTH AND COUNSELING RESOURCES
For Information for talking to you child about COVID-19
English parent letter: Link
Spanish parent letter: Link
Crisis Resource List from NCDHHS Link
Freedom House Crisis Services - 1-877-967-8844
Freedom House is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call Freedom House Crisis Services if you:
- Feel you want to hurt others or yourself
- Are hearing voices or are told you are talking to yourself
- Are intoxicated and have someone to bring you safely to Freedom House
- Are depressed or too sad to take care of yourself or others
A mobile crisis team can come to you where you are and guide you safely through your mental health or substance abuse crisis.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255 or 1-888-628-9454 (Spanish)
The Lifeline is available 24/7 for everyone, is free, and confidential. No matter what problems you’re dealing with, whether or not you’re thinking about suicide, if you need someone to lean on for emotional support, call the Lifeline. People call to talk about lots of things: worries, relationships, depression, mental and physical illness, and loneliness, to name a few. Talking with someone about your thoughts and feelings can save your life.
Comcast - https://www.internetessentials.com/
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, Comcast is offering 2 months free to new Internet Essentials customers in response to recent and anticipated emergency measures associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Visit the website for more details.