- Orange County School District
Weekend Meals Available for OCS Students
Beginning June 19, OCS will provide weekend meal boxes to any students/children who are present at our Friday meal pick-up or drop-off sites. No reservation or registration is required.
Orange County Schools will continue to work diligently to ensure that children will continue receiving nutritious meals even when school is not in session. Free lunch meals, prepared by the OCS Child Nutrition Services Department, which meet the federal guidelines including a protein, fruit, vegetable, and milk, will be prepared and made available as follows:
Pick-Up Meals Sites--Meals will be available Monday – Friday, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., via a “grab and go” drive through line, at the following locations:
- Fairview Community Garden - Tulip Tree Road, Hillsborough, NC 27278 (11:00am - 12:00pm)
- Cedar Grove Community Center - 5800 NC Highway 86 N, Hillsborough, 27278
- Efland Cheeks Community Center - 117 Richmond Rd, Mebane NC 27302
- Cedar Ridge High School - 1125 New Grady Brown School Road, Hillsborough 27278
- Partnership Academy School - 1006 Storey Lane, Hillsborough 27278
- Central Elementary - 154 Hayes St., Hillsborough, 27278
- NEW Site - New Horizon Church - 100 Horizon Pl., Durham, 27705
- NEW Site - Mebane Mobile Home Park 202 Supper Club Road Mebane, NC 27302
Please note, children do not need to be present in order for families to pick-up meals. We encourage anyone picking up meals to continue to practice Social Distancing.Thank you.
Drop-Off Meals Sites--Drop-off meals (via an OCS vehicle) will be provided at the following locations:
- Howe St., Durham, 27705 (in the parking lot near the row of mailboxes). Staff will be onsite to provide meals for pick up at this drop-off site between 11:30 am-12:00 pm.
- New Horizon Church, 100 Horizon Place, Durham 27705. Staff members and church volunteers will be onsite to provide meals for pick up at this drop-off site between 11:00 am-11:30 am.
- Supper Club Road, Mebane 27302 (across the street from 205 Supper Club Rd. near grey mailboxes). Staff will be onsite to provide meals for pick up at this drop- off site between 11:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Dixie Avenue, Hillsborough 27278 (at entrance) from 12:00pm - 12:30pm.
- Torain Street, Hillsborough 27278 (near the park) from 12:30pm - 1:00pm.
- Formax Drive, Durham 27705 (near the mailboxes) from 11:00am -11:20am.
- Wilkins Drive, Durham 27705 (near row of mailboxes) from 12:15pm - 12:45pm.
- Sunset Place, Durham 27705 (entrance) from 12:40pm - 1:00pm.
- Arbor Hill Lane, Durham 27705 (entrance) from 11:30am - 11:45am.
- Quick Silver Circle, Durham 27705 (entrance) from 11:50am - 12:10pm.
- Jackson Fuqua Blvd, Durham 27705 (entrance) from 12:15pm - 12:30pm.
- Gateway Village Apartments, Hillsborough 27278 from 11:00 am- 1:00pm.
- If you can not attend during the scheduled time, please alert your school social worker as food may be made available. Additional drop-off sites will be added as needed. Please continue to check this document for updates.
- Meals will be provided to children under the age of 18.
- Families should remain in their car; staff will be onsite to provide you with the required number of meals.
- Please note, children do not need to be present in order for families to pick-up meals.
- OCS will do our best to provide breakfast meal options in each bag daily while supplies last.
Orange County Schools is committed to meeting the needs of all of our students. With the continued support and dedicated work of our Board of Education, our staff, and community partners, Orange County Schools will continue to push to be first in meeting the needs of our students.